Saturday, November 20, 2010

Since we have shared our news on adoption we've gotten a huge spectrum of responses and questions. We realize that this is quite a shock for some and honestly doesn't make a whole lot of sense for others. Yes, we do have three children already of our own and yes we are very happy and content with our lives right now. The only way to describe it to others is that God has put this on our hearts as His desire for our lives. Taking on an endeavor that costs thousands of dollars that we don't have and bringing a child that we've never met from across the world that's of a different ethnicity seems crazy to most. I understand that but I can't turn a blind eye to God's command and to all those beautiful children that need love and attention. My husband knows that if I had the chance I would bring every child that I could that was hurting from this country and around the world home with me if I could. I'm not the best mom around, we don't have a huge money tree in our backyard and our house isn't a mansion but we can help at least one. There can be one less that sits alone in their crib all day, that cries but no one cares to pick up and hold, that always longs to be in a loving family of their own. I don't know how we are going to do this or what the future holds but I know that my God is bigger than all these questions,worries, and concerns. I know that He alone can do this and that He has for some reason chosen us to care for the one special child. What a blessing! What a time to build our faith and trust in Him.

1 comment:

Hi, I'm Harmony said...

Joel & Lisa,

Shawn and I support your journey along this path God has planned for your life. We pray that each of your family members is blessed and protected along the way.

Blessings to you!

~Harmony