Tuesday, January 21, 2014

So excited today!! We finally heard that we have a birth parent embassy date for this next Wednesday, January 29!!! I was looking for emails for two weeks now because the custom is for our family to be copied on the emails between our agency and the US Embassy but I received none of them. This afternoon our case worker surprised me and called to let us know that there was a date set up and very soon. So now we wait for this to occur and pray in the meantime that the family makes it and that everything goes well. After this is when they issue this new PAIR letter. Once we receive that in the mail we send it to Washington DC through a courier service to get authenticated from the State Dept. and the Ehi*pian Embassy. Once that is completed we send it onto Ethi*pia and their court will review our case and set up a birth family interview then we get our interview date with them. I have really no idea on a timeline on this but to guess I might say 7 or 8 weeks from this first interview. I would totally guess that we might end up going for our first trip around the middle of March. I would love for it to be much quicker but pray it isn't later. Thanks for following along with us on our journey.

No comments: