Friday, February 21, 2014

Update!!

Well, quite a bit has happened since I last posted. Like I said before we were waiting on our PAIR letter to come and it was going on two weeks since our embassy date so I knew something wasn't right. From hearing from others that have already been through this part we should have had it in less than a week's time. Since things didn't feel right I went ahead and emailed the US Embassy and inquired about our case. I'm so glad that I did because something was in fact wrong. They had requested additional paperwork about a month ago and stated that they had yet to receive it. I knew this was wrong because my agency had confirmed that they had emailed it. Well, through lots of emails and phone calls everything was cleared up and that needed documentation was going to be hand delivered the following week after the holiday on Monday. Then we got a HUGE blessing on that Friday before, our caseworker called and said that they submitted our case to court over there. This blew me away because they previously weren't allowing this without the letter in hand in Ethi*pia. You know our God just loves to knock our socks off!!! ;) So we had a great weekend with that news and then on Tuesday heard that they rejected our paperwork. That brought us down a little bit but things got straightened out the next day and we received an email that they completed everything and where sending it on to USCIS to then issue our letter. A*M*A*Z*I*N*G!!!! So again great news!!! Okay so the next day Wednesday I received another phone call from our caseworker and this news just about made me cry.....WE HAVE A BIRTH PARENT COURT DATE!!!! People this is beyond awesome! The Lord has moved us ahead from where we were just weeks ago to being like a month and a half ahead of where we thought we were!!! Oh, PRaise Him!!! Our BP date is March 7th, I have been saying all along that I would like to travel for our first trip in March and then bring her home in April. I don't know what God's plans are but this could happen!! Pray boldly with me friends!!! He is a mountain mover and miracle maker!!! I said through all of this that I am going to give Him all the glory for everything that happens with this adoption and I am shouting it from the hilltop. GOD IS GOOD!!!!

No comments: