Friday, March 25, 2011

Another Passion

Through this whole adoption process so far I have come across many families and many different ways of adopting. When I first started this journey I linked up with a couple of blogs and many of them are associated with an agency called Reece's Rainbow. This agency deals with mainly children with disabilities and down syndrom and they raise funds for each child so that their adoptive parents have an easier time in finding the ransom for these precious ones to join their family. I have found through many of their stories that a lot of them come from Europian countries and are in orphanages there for a very long time. Many of these beautiful children face the institution at only 3 years of age, just because they have some limitations in there growth and aren't seen as "normal". Some orphanages do not care for them very well at all and see these sweet ones as not worth their time or effort. This has really broken my heart. How can this happen to such frail, innocent ones that I know that God extends His ultimate favour? Now you probably wonder why our family is not adopting one of these that faces such a miserable life stuck in a crib, not held or loved, no chance of living a much better life. Well, for now this is not meant for us at this point in our lives. I feel passionate about all children that are without a "forever" family and we feel led to Ethiopia at this time. I am saying though that the things I have seen and heard through these wonderful families blogs touch me deeply and cause me to sit up at night praying for these precious ones. I am so glad that I have read about these abuses and neglect because it has made me more passionate about adoption in general. To think that God made a mistake when he created them, like some believe, honestly makes me angry. What joy and delight these children can give and share is hidden by prejudice and hatred. So I'm asking you to please come along side me and pray that things will open up for families trying to adopt these precious ones and that these "lacking compassion" orphanages would be changed and finally for the birth parents who don't believe that their children are worth their love to soften their hearts and extend their arms so that more children aren't left to die alone in these "cages". I urge you to visit the Reece's Rainbow site ( reecesrainbow.org )  and look at these beautiful faces that need our help.

No comments: