Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Struggle

I hesitate to write this because I don't want to seem like I'm pointing a finger....believe me this is not my intent. I am writing this because I want to keep a "journal" of the highs and lows of our adoption to our beautiful baby girl. Okay well here it goes! I have been struggling, alright I admit a lot. We have a ticking clock set before us to raise so much money to even start this whole adoption and I am freaking out. Sadly our fundraiser is not going tremendously well and we have yet to come across an envelope with thousands of dollars in it. :) It seems that I rack my brain everyday on what we could be doing, what aren't we doing right, and what more should we be doing. I admit I am horrible at waiting, especially for something that I really want. In my feeble human mind I am terrified that we will not be able to raise or come up with this money. Now on a different level my communication with God is at an all time high. The other day He finally had enough of my whining I suppose and helped me shift my thinking. I flat out thanked Him for what He is going to do and also just thanked Him for giving us this opportunity. Wow! What an opportunity we have. We are going to be adding a precious, beautiful addition to our family. Someone else to cuddle and kiss and watch grow! Awesome!!! He also pointed out to me that since Christmas is coming up I need to be thinking about and praying for those 147 million that don't have a family this year to celebrate with. What a heart breaking thought. Well, that really just slapped me in the face and I admit I needed it. I encourage you to think about what you can do for those little ones....pray, donate money to an organization that helps or a family that is adopting, or think about adopting yourself. Praise God that He is with these little ones when we can't be. I came across the above video from another friend's blog and just had to share.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I so know how you are feeling...we have done it twice and had moments when we wondered where the money will come from, but God's plan is perfect and he knows how this will turn out for your family. I have a husband who doesn't like to fundraise and I am still amazed at the blessings we received without it. It will work out.
Praying for you.

Karen Dawkins said...

Hello!!!
I just posted your fundraiser on my blog! :) I hadn't read this post yet -- just getting to that now. I have been praying to ask God to lead me to fundraisers to feature. You are one of them. :)

Our own adoption journey was a walk of financial faith. Be bold in your testimony. Praise God for every penny. And rejoice in all the pb&j you eat to bring your little one home :)

He WON'T call you to something without preparing the way!!! PROMISE!

Would you please help me get the word out? (No obligation... I believe that working together, we can get more done :D). Please write a post that links to my post today: http://karendawkins.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-shopping-with-purpose.html.

Also, if you have a facebook page, get the word out by linking there as well.

See, there are thousands of people out there who would buy for a cause. We just need to make sure they hear it.

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!
Don't give up :)