Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Our Meal Blessing!

As I previously posted our church had a meal fundraiser for us and another family on Sunday. Part of this was us talking in front of our church a little bit about our adoption and our calling. If you know me at all you know that I am not a public speaker (that's putting it mildly). Well, I really didn't talk during this time but my wonderful husband, who's not very eloquent with words, did. I have to admit he did an excellent job and saved me some serious anxiety. Later he said that after the fact he should have said things differently but I really believe that he shared what God wanted him too. I am so amazed and humbled at the support that we received all around. Many times doubt creeps in where it shouldn't and this was something that has helped me to be reassured yet again that God has our back. What a gracious and mighty God He is!!! To boast not of what we received but to keep record and give all glory to Him the meal brought in around $3500.00!!!!!This amount will be split between us and the wonderful Shaw family.  I feel really so blessed and humbled beyond words today. Thank you again to all that are supporting us in any way they can. You are greatly appreciated!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! Our God is faithful;-)

Unknown said...

Praise God!!! Love being in this WITH you!!!

Carrie said...

That is so great!