Monday, February 21, 2011

Paper Pregnancy

I have been wanting to post for quite some time but to be honest haven't known what to post or how to put it into words. When thinking about what I've been going through and thinking the thought came to mind about being pregnant. Since I was blessed to have been pregnant 4 times previously I relate to this "paper pregnancy" in this way. Lately we have been working on all our home study paperwork. This involves lots of info. on everything personal (how much money we have, our life stories, how others think we are as partners and parents, etc.) During this time life still goes on and you deal with that along with the emotions of getting all of this around and together. I don't know why but for awhile I was kinda in a funk, I guess that would be the best way to put it. I think of when I was pregnant and my body was changing and growing and my emotions were running rampant. It's like God is slowly preparing and changing me along the way for this precious baby girl to come. I want things to happen faster and faster but if I slow down and look at what is going to take place I'm almost relieved that this all takes some time. This way I can prepare and just basically wrap my mind around what changes in our family are going to take place, how each child is going to feel, what we might have to deal with once she is home, how others might reacct to a child of color within our family & how we deal with that as well. So in a way this defenitly is a pregnancy full of growing and emotions but just one on paper and not in my belly. When I think of what we have ahead of us I'm a little nervous, very excited, and more than unaware of what God can do and will do for us and this little life. Wow! Hopefully this makes some kind of sense to others but to me it's my way to put into perspective my emotional rollercoaster and at times uncomfortableness. God is moving and I can't wait to see what he has in store!

No comments: