Friday, February 11, 2011

What's up?

I have thought about posting every time I've been on the computer but either don't have time or really don't know what to say. The last couple weeks have been, well let's just say challenging. A couple Saturdays ago I fell on our basement steps and sprained my ankle pretty bad. This required a visit to the ER, an aircast, and crutches. To say the least I was NOT happy about this because I had so much I wanted to get accomplished that day and I didn't want to pay for the expensive trip to the hospital (you know we have a daughter from across the world that we're trying to bring home :) Also I have been on a roller-coaster of emotions lately. We had our conference internet call last week and I was overwhelmed. I had heard that adoption isn't for the faint hearted and never quite understood but I do now. It's a battle daily to trudge through the paperwork, make phone calls, raise money, etc. I'm not saying that I would ever not start this again but I am saying that I could NOT do this without the Lord almighty guiding me, holding me up and pushing me along the way. I keep going back to those videos I've found on Youtube of our orphanage in Ethiopia and others stories of bringing their precious ones home. It always brings me to tears and I am reminded why we are doing this. God has called us, though not always easy but oh, so rewarding to do this! So here I am in a nutshell lately, trudging along looking up above to keep me going.

No comments: